138 Syrian Refugee Children Start Studying Bulgarian
Over 138 Syrian children in immigration centers are beginning to study Bulgarian language, according to the Minister of Education, Aneliya Klisarova.
The classes will last for 6 months, and then the children will be integrated in Bulgarian schools.
According to Minister Klisarova, it would be good for Bulgarian school students to get involved in a campaign in support of Syrian refugees.
"The Ministry of Education does not require schools to help Syrian refugees," she said commenting on information that her institution has asked all schools in the country to work on forming positive attitude towards refugees. This task has been assigned in a letter from Klisarova to the regional inspectorates.
The letter was sent on October 1 by the Minister, but media just reported it.
As the letter was not made public, it caused all sorts of speculations. The Ministry already pledged to publish its content on its website.
"This is not a special letter to collect donations. It is an opportunity to show tolerance on our part to all refugees and especially from children to children. We should help refugees and it would be nice for our children to get involved in this assistance," said Klisarova.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program