Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Open Final
Bulgaria's highest-ranked tennis player Grigor Dimitrov will face David Ferrer in the final of the Stockholm Open crown after each scored a semifinal victory Saturday.
The Stockholm tournament is from the ATP level.
Bulgarian Dimitrov, 22, from the southern city of Haskovo, lodged a win with 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 over Frenchman Benoit Paire.
Grigor is number 7 seed and gained his second career final – the first one was in January when he lost to Andy Murray at Brisbane.
With his victory over the new star of the French tennis, the Bulgarians secured EUR 50 400 in prize money and 150 points for the world ranking of ATP.
Spain's Ferrer struggled against Latvia's Ernests Gulbis before emerging with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 triumph in the other semifinal.
The final is on Sunday 16 CET.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cristiano Ronaldo will not play in Saudi Arabia
- » World Cup: The Most Iconic Performances of All-Time
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem