Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.2 point magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered near the southwestern Bulgarian town of Simitli in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:01 am Friday morning.
The epicenter was 90 km southeast of the capital Sofia and 14 km southwest of the city of Blagoevgrad.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chunks of Chinese Rocket Threaten to Fall to Earth
- » The Best Mountain Resorts to Visit Around the World
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Easter Comes with Summer Sunshine
- » Saharan Dust Will Cover Greece, Bulgaria over Easter
- » Young Families in Rural Bulgarian Communities Embrace Sustainable Farming
- » Prince William Joins Celebrity Calls Urging More Efforts in Climate Fight