Notorious Bulgarian Roma Clan Boss to Be Released from Jail
Notorious Bulgarian Roma clan boss Kiril Rashkov AKA Tsar Kiro is to be released from jail on Friday, according to local media reports.
He was jailed in 2012 on murder threat charges.
Tsar Kiro and his clan triggered widespread unrest across Bulgaria in September 2011 after the murder of a teenager in the village of Katunitsa.
On September 23, 2011, a van driven by alleged associates of Rashkov ran down and killed 19-year-old Angel Petrov – whose relatives Rashkov had threatened to murder.
On the following day, protesting locals and groups of football fans from the nearby Plovdiv set fire to a number of properties of the Rashkovi clan. The accident heightened ethnic tensions and triggered massive protests in major cities in the country.
Media reports say Rashkov and his clan are unlikely to return to Katunitsa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski