Deputy Minister: Energy Crucial To Bulgaria Economic Development
Energy sector plays a key role for business and society and is of national importance, says Bulgarian Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy during a visit to Korea.
Sustainable energy system is a key factor on economic development, productivity growth and improvement of standard of living of Bulgarians, said Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy Krasin Dimitrov during his visit in Korea for the 22nd World Energy Congress in Daegu city, informs BGNES.
Ensuring security and diversification of gas supplies, achieving of energy efficiency, use of renewable energy, protection of consumers rights and a well-functioning energy market are Bulgaria’s top energy policy priorities, pointed out the minister.
Bulgaria’s Ministry of Economy and Energy is working to establish gas grid interconnections with Romania, Greece and Serbia, added Dimitrov.
The deputy minister discussed the possibilities for a gas grid interconnection with Turkey with his Turkish counterpart. Bulgarian deputy minister Dimitrov discussed with his Saudi counterpart the opportunities for Bulgarian business to participate in electrification and water supply projects in Saudi Arabia.
Dimitrov also discussed with Iraq’s Deputy Premier Minister, Hussain Al-Shahristani a possible increase in trade between the two countries.
The World Energy Congress is a leading, international energy event that attracts experts from from the industry and governments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » Maxim Behar - "Best PR Professional in the World" at the IPRCCA International Awards
- » The Trade Promotion Europe Annual Conference was held in Brussels