124 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in 1 Day
A total of 124 asylum-seekers entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
91 of the asylum-seekers were Syrian.
Some 6000 refugees have arrived in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2013, with local authorities expecting the number to exceed 11 000 by the end of the year.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
The country has asked for EU aid in order to deal with the ongoing refugee influx.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Polar Explorers are soon leaving for Antarctica
- » WHO: The Omicron Variant could Worsen the Situation in Europe
- » Prof. Iva Hristova: Not a single Case of Omicron has been Registered in Bulgaria yet
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Slight Increase in New Cases in the Last 24h