54 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 H
A total of 54 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the country’s border police.
39 of them were Syrian nationals, authorities say.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
- » BBC: Baby Dolphin Death Causes Dismay in Bulgaria
- » The Landfill Fire in Karlovo has been Contained
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Registered in Bulgarian Game Reserve
- » Wildfire in Forest near Sofia Area Broke out Again, Urgent Call for Volunteers
- » Romania is Considering Excluding Huawei From its 5G Network
- » Air Pollution Can Cause Mental Health Problems