Romania Legalizes Medical Marijuana
Romania has legalized the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
According to Romania-Insider, as cited by Sega daily, the possession and use of marijuana for any purposes was illegal prior to the changes.
However, the country's legislation on narcotic substances has been changed to provide that derivatives of the plant may be used to alleviate pains and the reduce seizure frequency in cases of epilepsy, cancer, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Romania is the tenth EU Member State to legalize medical marijuana.
Tests are currently underway to determine the efficiency of administering marijuana to patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Tourette syndrome.
- » A Bus Fell off a Bridge in India, 24 People Died
- » Coronavirus Death Toll in Italy Rises to 12
- » EC with Positive Assessment for Bulgaria
- » Erdogan: Turkey will Banish Syrian Government Forces by March
- » The Slovak Parliament Rejected the Istanbul Convention
- » A Man Tried to Blow up a Car near the Pentagon