Romania Legalizes Medical Marijuana
Romania has legalized the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
According to Romania-Insider, as cited by Sega daily, the possession and use of marijuana for any purposes was illegal prior to the changes.
However, the country's legislation on narcotic substances has been changed to provide that derivatives of the plant may be used to alleviate pains and the reduce seizure frequency in cases of epilepsy, cancer, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Romania is the tenth EU Member State to legalize medical marijuana.
Tests are currently underway to determine the efficiency of administering marijuana to patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Tourette syndrome.
- » Osama bin Laden's Son, Hamza Bin Laden, Was Killed in a US Special Operation
- » Edward Snowden Seeks Asylum in France
- » Belgrade Opened Headquarters of the Transport Community for Southeast Europe
- » The United States Has Allocated $ 250 Million in Military Assistance to Ukraine
- » Boris Johnson Denied Lying to the Queen about the Reasons for the Parliament’s Suspension
- » The US Postpones a Planned $ 250 Billion Increase in Customs Duties on Chinese Goods for October 15