EC to Decide within Days on Bulgaria Refugee Aid
The European Commission is to decide next week on whether Bulgaria should receive additional aid by the end of 2013 for coping with the ongoing Syrian refugee influx, according to Humanitarian Aid Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva.
“I hope that there will be more money next year,” Georgieva told Bulgaria’s Nova TV, noting that the amount will depend on the country’s capability to absorb the aid.
The European Commissioner reminded that the country received a total of EUR 2.6 M in EU money for accommodating refugees in 2013.
She urged all Bulgarian institutions to put efforts into resolving the refugee crisis.
On Friday, Georgieva visited the refugee shelter in Sofia’s Vrazhdebna suburb and concluded that Bulgaria is in need of extra funds for dealing with the refugee crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria