Bulgaria’s VP Sends Video Message to Bulgarian Community in Chicago
Bulgaria's Vice-President Margarita Popova has addressed the participants in the 19th “Bulgarian Days in Chicago” festival that will be held on Sunday, October 6st.
“Bulgarian communities living abroad are a priceless human capital and I am determined to work together with you since the moment I stepped in office", says Popova in her video greeting to participants in the festival.
In her message, the Vice-President appeals for solidarity to the problems of the hundreds Syrian refugees residing currently in Bulgaria.
The festival is organized by ”Bulgarian-American Association” for 19th consecutive year, one of the largest Bulgarian communities living abroad is based in Chicago.
Popova was invited to the festival as a special guest, but is unable to attend.
The mission of the forum is to present leading individuals to the Bulgarian community in Chicago.
Nevena Chalova, winner of Most Beautiful Bulgarian Woman in America Pageant “Miss Bulgarka 2013” and Presiyan Vasilev, winner of Toastmasters World Championship of Public Speaking will attend the festival.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » Bulgaria: People with Disabilities can receive up to BGN 20,000 to Start their Own Business
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Drive your Cars prepared for Winter Conditions
- » Bulgaria: Orange Code for Snow in 4 Regions for Tomorrow