Bulgarian Energy Consultant Denies Wrongdoing
Bulgarian energy consultant Bogomil Manchev blamed ex-Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's cabinet and Marin Raykov's caretaker government for not stopping the Belene Nuclear Power Plant project.
The CEO of Risk Engineering gave a press conference just hours after he was officially charged with large-scale embezzlement and premeditated mismanagement of the project.
On September 20, Risk Engineering's offices were searched in a special police operation against suspected fraud in the energy sector. Manchev's company is accused of having embezzled millions of euros in consultancy deals for the project, despite the fact that its construction was stopped in March 2012.
Manchev outlined that the previous government had not blocked the commercial transactions for the project after this decision.
The prosecution, however, underscores that the moratorium on the project on the part of the government in essence means halting all activities related to it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Violent Robbery Shakes Blagoevgrad: One Injured in Shooting Incident
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023
- » Violence in Bulgaria: Woman Beaten on Stara Zagora's Main Boulevard
- » Police Brutality Unveiled: Teen Assaulted at Protest, Harassed in Police Custody
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Major Tax Fraud Ring in Luxury Car Imports