78 Asylum-Seekers Caught on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 1 Day
Bulgarian border police have detained a total of 78 foreign nationals who were illegally crossing Bulgarian-Turkish border during the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry announced.
The immigrants included 30 Syrian citizens.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 2850 beds. It has already been exceeded by 397 beds.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The Bulgarian Refugee Agency has taken measures to speed up the procedures for granting the asylum-seekers refugee status and protection.
No incidents intimidating the normal functioning of the accommodation facilities have been registered.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 11,000 Syrians by the end of the year
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone
- » 9 Kilometers Long Car Queue at The Danube Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint