Bulgaria to Launch Refugee Employment Program
The Bulgarian Ministry of Social Policy and Labor is working on a special program for employment and job training of refugees.
The information was reported Thursday by Deputy Social Minister, Lazar Lazarov, who stressed the program will be "implemented relatively quickly."
Lazarov explained that all individuals with asylum status have the right to turn to local Labor Bureaus and to access programs and projects for employment.
According to him, the main problem the refugees face is the inability to provide proof for their qualifications.
The Deputy Minister further informed that by the end of September assistance has been provided to 135 unaccompanied refugee children and that such children have not been found among those accommodated in the shelter in the Sofia suburb of Vrazhdebna.
41 unaccompanied children have been assisted in the shelter in the village of Pastrogor, near the town of Svilengrad on the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and 2 in the one in the village of Banya, near the town of Nova Zagora.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria cannot Fulfill its Commitments under the Recovery and Resilience Plan to Reduce Harmful Emissions
- » The Strongest Earthquake in Continental Europe was Recorded in a Bulgarian Village in 1904
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU in terms of Growth of Pizza Prices
- » Bulgaria sent Rescue Dogs after the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Bulgaria: The Buildings in Sofia are Designed to Withstand an Earthquake with Magnitude of up to 7.3
- » Bulgarian Campaign Donated over BGN 350,000 to Turkey in Just 24 hours