Bulgaria with New Chief Anti-mafia Appellate Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council, VSS, unanimously elected Thursday Daniela Popova to lead the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
There were two candidates for the post of chief anti-mafia appellate prosecutor - Popova, who is currently acting as administrative head of the Appellate Prosecutor's Office and Svetozar Kostov - acting administrative head of the Special Anti-Mafia Prosecutor's Office.
Popova received all 19 votes.
The post became vacant after Borislav Sarafov was promoted to Deputy of Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
Popova is said to have been Tsatsarov favorite for the post.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents