Eminent Bulgarian Film Director Rangel Vulchanov Dies at 84
Eminent Bulgarian film director Rangel Valchanov died Monday at the age of 84 after prolonged illness.
Vulchanov had been battling cancer in the past few years.
In early 2012, he lost his voice after vocal cords surgery, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
Valchanov was born on October 12, 1928 in the village of Krivina, Sofia district.
He graduated theater directing at the Krastyo Sarafov National Academy for Theater and Film Arts in 1953.
His most prominent films include On a Small Island (1958), Sun and Shadow (1962), The Inspector and the Night (1963), The She-Wolf (1965), Judge and the Forest (1975), The Unknown Soldier's Patent Leather Shoes (1979), Where Are You Going? (1986), and Whither Now? (1988).
Vulchanov was voted best Bulgarian film director of the 20th century.
On October 9, 2012 he was elected a member of the Bulgarian Academy of Science.
He was a member of the European Film Academy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis