5 Bulgarian Towns with New Mayors, 2 Runoff Elections
Results from Sunday's local mayoral by-elections in 7 Bulgarian locations have come through.
In Garmen municipality, Blagoevgrad region, ballot counting finished this morning. Minka Sabrieva Kapitanova from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS, has won a comfortable victory, reports Darik News.
Kapitanova received 5197 votes, while her contender Verhad Isliamov of the center-right GERB party got 2244.
GERB candidate Stanislava Aleksieva will be the new mayor of Tran, Pernik region. She won 53.4% of the cast votes.
Momchil Spasov of the Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, won a landslide victory in the municipality of Belene, Pleven region. He has experience as Deputy Mayor of the municipality.
Yanko Bogdanov has won the mayoral seat in Hlyabovo, Topolovgrad region. He was nominated by a local initiative committee.
DPS's Senan Kadir will be the new mayor of Shishmanovo, municipality of Harmanli.
A runoff will be scheduled for Selcha, municipality of Devin. Venelin Ivanov of BSP leads with 125 votes against GERB's Ali Parpulev, with 120.
A runoff will also be held in Tsarimir, Saedinenie municipality, between GERB's Hristo Gaberov and Georgi Mehandzhiiski from New Alternative.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend