Bulgarian Metal Band Wins Big at Independent Film Fest
The band with the catchy name “Big Fat Lilly” has shined at “CineRocKom International Film Festival Hollywood”.
Bulgaria’s “Big Fat Lilly” metal group, originating from the small town of Pazardzhik, made a breakthrough on Hollywood’ s alternative scene with the song “God Forgive”.
The track won “Best Music Score Song Award” at “CineRocKom”, an independent film festival, held in Cannes, Hollywood and Hong Kong.
The video and the lyrics of the single are “messages against hunger, poverty and war conflicts around the world.” according to band members.
Nedy John Cross, lead singer of the band, started performing at the age of 4.
His parents were both working actors in the musical theatre. “My mom took me to the shows every day, then one day I was on stage, and that was the start of it all. Every day after school I was trained in classical music class to play the piano and sing. By the age of 14 years I started my first rock band”, recalls the beginning of his career Cross.
“Big Fat Lilly” will perform their acclaimed single in Hollywood on October 19th at the closing ceremony of CineRocKom.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 175 Years Since the Birth of Bulgarian Revolutionary and Poet Hristo Botev
- » The 5 Top Christmas Traditions in Bulgaria
- » A Monument to the Lawyers-Saviors of the Bulgarian Jews will be erected in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry