Crisis Drives Greeks to Bulgarian Dentists
Residents of the northern Greek city of Xanthi are increasingly crossing the border into Bulgaria in search of cheap dental services.
The average price for dental fillings in Bulgaria ranges between EUR 15-20, informs the daily Imerisia. The president of the Greek dentists' union Andras Pandazopolous explained that these are mostly patients without covered health insurance.
According to the chairman of the Dental Tourism Association in Bulgaria Ventsislav Stoev, the global economic crisis provides a new opportunity for the country to develop further its dental tourism.
Greek dental tourism is so popular that clinics in Petrich have already started writing their working hours in both Bulgarian and Greek. It is mainly working class Greeks who go there; some of them also speak Bulgarian.
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
- » Study: EU Test Undervalued Toxicity of Cigarettes
- » Outbreak of African Plague in Feral Pigs near the Border of Bulgaria
- » Used in Detergents and Toothpastes Substance Causes Cancer