80 Refugees Caught on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained 80 individuals illegally crossing the Bulgarian-Turkish border during last 24 hours.
The group of detainees included 53 Syrian citizens, reported BGNES.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 2350 beds. It has already been exceeded by 430 beds, the Interior Ministry reports.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Confirmed in Varna Area
- » 100 Tonnes of Sunflower Seed Destroyed by Fire in Silo in Varna
- » A Substance Contained in Liquids for E-Cigarettes and Hookahs Will Be Included in the the Drug List
- » Bulgarian Wins Best Actress Award at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Two New Cases of West Nile Fever in Bulgaria
- » Doctors, Hospitals and Pharmacies - with Reports For the Protection of Personal Data