80 Refugees Caught on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained 80 individuals illegally crossing the Bulgarian-Turkish border during last 24 hours.
The group of detainees included 53 Syrian citizens, reported BGNES.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 2350 beds. It has already been exceeded by 430 beds, the Interior Ministry reports.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Marks 102 Years Since the Treaty of Neuily
- » Health Minister Katsarov's Promised 1 Million Tests for Students turned out to be 168,800
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed
- » Governor of New York has Issued a State of Emergency because of the New Covid Variant
- » Expert: News about New Variant “Omicron” are Concerning, but This is Not the End of the World
- » Pfizer and Moderna expect Data on Vaccine Protection against New Covid Variant Soon