Bulgarian Prosecution Investigates Nuclear Consultancy Deals
The Bulgarian Prosecution and the State Agency for National Security (DANS) are conducting a joint operation at the offices of an energy consulting firm in Sofia.
Risk Engineering is owned by the businessman Bogomil Manchev. The company is under investigation for consultancy deals for the halted Belene Nuclear Power Plant project. During the GERB cabinet of Boyko Borissov and later during the interim government of Marin Raykov, the state continued paying out over BGN 13 M to Manchev's firm.
The police operation has begun on Friday morning at the Bulgarian office of WorleyParsons - hired by the National Electric Company (NEK) for the consultancy of the Belene NPP, reports OFFNews.
Risk Engineering is a subcontractor for the consultancy of the project.
The gendarmerie forces have also been called up to assist in the searches of the offices. The Ministry of Interior confirmed there is no information of Manchev being arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol