Bulgaria Bids to Host 2014 Chess Candidates Tournament
Bulgaria runs to host the chess games of the prestigious Candidates Tournament which will be held between March 12 and March 30, 2014.
The Bulgarian Chess Federation submitted Friday an official application to FIDE (World Chess Federation) for the Bulgarian town of Kozloduy to host the tournament.
Chess Grandmasters Veselin Topalov, Levon Aronian, Vladimir Kramnik and Dmitry Andreikin and Sergey Karjakin have already qualified for the tournament.
Meanwhile, apart from Bulgaria, Russia with the town of Khanty-Mansiysk has applied to stage the competition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar