Bulgarian Border Police Detain 79 Syrian Refugees in 1 Day
Bulgarian border police authorities have detained a total of 86 refugees who have entered the country from Turkey.
79 of the individuals detained are Syrian, Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry informs.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 1 930 beds. It has already been exceeded by 489 beds.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Bulgarians have Proved to be the most Active in the EU in Reporting Crimes
- » Child Fell from an Abandoned Building in Mezdra
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » Boiler Exploded near a School and Wounded Teachers