Bulgarian Border Police Detain 57 Refugees in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 57 foreign nationals who had illegally crossed the Bulgarian-Turkish border over the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry informs.
The detainees included 30 Syrians nationals.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 1 930 beds. It has already been exceeded by 400 beds.
The legal incapability of authorities at the Border checkpoint in Elhovo to provide shelters immediately to nationals due to their expired detention orders is among the main problems in accommodating the refugees in the region.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Confirmed in Varna Area
- » 100 Tonnes of Sunflower Seed Destroyed by Fire in Silo in Varna
- » A Substance Contained in Liquids for E-Cigarettes and Hookahs Will Be Included in the the Drug List
- » Bulgarian Wins Best Actress Award at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Two New Cases of West Nile Fever in Bulgaria
- » Doctors, Hospitals and Pharmacies - with Reports For the Protection of Personal Data