Bulgarian Border Police Detain 57 Refugees in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 57 foreign nationals who had illegally crossed the Bulgarian-Turkish border over the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry informs.
The detainees included 30 Syrians nationals.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 1 930 beds. It has already been exceeded by 400 beds.
The legal incapability of authorities at the Border checkpoint in Elhovo to provide shelters immediately to nationals due to their expired detention orders is among the main problems in accommodating the refugees in the region.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Bulgarians have Proved to be the most Active in the EU in Reporting Crimes
- » Child Fell from an Abandoned Building in Mezdra
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » Boiler Exploded near a School and Wounded Teachers
yes seedy i saw these animals today hanging around the Migration office and Shenski pazar
the telegraph newspaper had a story about African male refugees threatening Bulgarian women with rape in the Metro podleza, talk about disrespectful sub human animals, offer them asylum and they immediately start criminal behavior! If any Bulgarian child or women is harmed by these animals who we are feeding, mass street retaliation is justified
Beds? I can see why this is going to be an increasing problem - no-one invited them and they paid to be illegally brought here, so why should we make them comfortable instead of sending them back to Turkey? We get enough illicit visitors from that direction every time there's an election to be rigged.....