NATO Hails US-Russia Syria Agreement
NATO has welcomed the agreement reached Saturday between US Secretary of State John Kerry and the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on the abolition of Syrian chemical weapons.
"This is an important step towards the goal of ensuring the swift, secure and verifiable elimination of Syria's stocks of chemical weapons. Full and unreserved Syrian compliance is now key," NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said in a statement.
Rasmussen has underscored the international community had a responsibility to make sure that the long-standing norm and practice against the use of chemical weapons is maintained, and violators are held accountable.
He noted the agreement should give further momentum to a political solution to end the horrendous bloodshed in Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro