Putin: US Must Put End to Doctrine of Exceptionalism
The US must stop considering itself as exceptional and abide by the standards of international law, stated Russian President Vladimir Putin.
In op-ed for the New York Times published online late September 11, Putin has warned the US agianst taking military action in Syria without a prior UN decision.
American beliefs that the country is exceptional are misguided, and the US must take the opportunity to forge diplomatic dialogue instead of waging war, stated the Russian President.
"I carefully studied [US President Barack Obama's] address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the US policy is “what makes America different"," wrote Putin.
"There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal," is the conclusion of the Russian President's NYT op-ed.
- » Beijing Introduces New Retaliatory Tariffs on about $75 Billion Worth of US Goods
- » Putin and Erdogan Discussed the Situation in Syria over the Phone
- » Russia Introduced the World's First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
- » Google Suspends 210 Youtube Channels "Uploading Videos Related to the Ongoing Protests in Hong Kong"
- » France with Stricter Regulation of Electric Scooters
- » Kosovo in Political Crisis - Early Elections to Be Announced after Lawmakers Dissolve Parliament