Putin: US Must Put End to Doctrine of Exceptionalism
The US must stop considering itself as exceptional and abide by the standards of international law, stated Russian President Vladimir Putin.
In op-ed for the New York Times published online late September 11, Putin has warned the US agianst taking military action in Syria without a prior UN decision.
American beliefs that the country is exceptional are misguided, and the US must take the opportunity to forge diplomatic dialogue instead of waging war, stated the Russian President.
"I carefully studied [US President Barack Obama's] address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the US policy is “what makes America different"," wrote Putin.
"There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal," is the conclusion of the Russian President's NYT op-ed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests