Putin: US Strike on Syria Could Overthrow Intl Law, Order
Russian President Vladimir Putin has used an article in New York Times to severely censure the US position on Syria, as diplomatic efforts are under way to avoid a US strike.
A one-sided American intervention "could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance," writes the Russian President.
Putin warns that such a move will not only be detrimental to the whole region, in particular Israel-Palestine relations, and the negotiations on Iran's nuclear program, but also for the whole world.
He stresses that a military move withouth the sanction of the UN will run directly counter international law established after WW II, and constitute nothing less than "aggression."
"It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States," says Putin.
Many of those fighting amongst the rebels in Syria are no friends of democracy, and should be viewed as terrorists, added the Russian President.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister