Greece Confirms Launch of Makaza Border Crossing on Sept 9
Greece has sent an official note to Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry to confirm that the new Makaza border crossing will be opened on September 9.
The Makaza border crossing will connect northern Europe to the ports on Aegean Sea, according to reports of the press office of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) in Kardzhali.
Greece's confirmation was reported late on Monday by socialist MP Dimcho Mihalevski, chair of the parliamentary regional development committee.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 am on September 9 will be attended by the district governors of Kardzhali and East Macedonia and Thrace.
However, the official inauguration ceremony will take place at a later stage and will be attended by the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and Greece.
There will be joint control at the Makaza border crossing, with Bulgarian and Greek border police officers working shifts.
Traffic across the Makaza border crossing will be released on September 9.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Tankers came and the Price of Gas in Europe fell Sharply
- » Bulgarian PM: There Won’t be any New Electricity Prices for Household Consumers
- » Bulgarian Expert: The Price of Gasoline can Reach BGN 3
- » Bulgaria: There is No Bubble in the Real Estate Market. For Now
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December