Kerry: US Highly Confident Syrian Govt Used Chemical Weapons
The US government has assessed a number of sources and with high confidence has reached the conclusion that rulers in Syria have used chemical weapons against civilians.
The statement has been made by US Secretary of State John Kerry.
Below is the text as it was released by the US Embassy in Sofia Saturday:
"The United States Government assesses with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013, resulting in a large number of casualties, including the deaths of 1429 people, among them 426 children. This assessment is based on a wide variety of sources. The use of chemical weapons in Syria threatens to unravel the long-established international norm against the use of these weapons, for which there must be accountability and consequences."
Secretary of State Kerry's Statement on Syria, full text:
US Government's Assessment of the Syrian Government's Use of Chemical Weapons on August 21, 2013
Map of Areas Reportedly Affected by 21 August Chemical Attack
Remarks by President Obama and the Presidents of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia
- » Boris Johnson is the New UK Prime Minister
- » 8 European Countries Set up a Mechanism For Allocation of Rescued Migrants
- » Over 825,000 People Became EU Citizens in 2017
- » Shinzo Abe Won the Elections in Japan
- » Zelensky's Party is the Big Winner of the Ukrainian Elections
- » Trillions of Cigarette Butts Thrown on the Ground Annually