Kerry: US Highly Confident Syrian Govt Used Chemical Weapons
The US government has assessed a number of sources and with high confidence has reached the conclusion that rulers in Syria have used chemical weapons against civilians.
The statement has been made by US Secretary of State John Kerry.
Below is the text as it was released by the US Embassy in Sofia Saturday:
"The United States Government assesses with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013, resulting in a large number of casualties, including the deaths of 1429 people, among them 426 children. This assessment is based on a wide variety of sources. The use of chemical weapons in Syria threatens to unravel the long-established international norm against the use of these weapons, for which there must be accountability and consequences."
Secretary of State Kerry's Statement on Syria, full text:
US Government's Assessment of the Syrian Government's Use of Chemical Weapons on August 21, 2013
Map of Areas Reportedly Affected by 21 August Chemical Attack
Remarks by President Obama and the Presidents of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia
- » New Blast in the Capital of Sri Lanka
- » Аnother Explosion Near the Largest City in Sri Lanka (Update)
- » Series of Attacks in Churches and Hotels in Sri Lanka over Easter, the Victims are over 100
- » Catholics and Armenians Цelebrate the Resurrection of Christ
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » Scientists have Discovered the Earliest Molecule in the Universe