Kerry: US Highly Confident Syrian Govt Used Chemical Weapons
The US government has assessed a number of sources and with high confidence has reached the conclusion that rulers in Syria have used chemical weapons against civilians.
The statement has been made by US Secretary of State John Kerry.
Below is the text as it was released by the US Embassy in Sofia Saturday:
"The United States Government assesses with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013, resulting in a large number of casualties, including the deaths of 1429 people, among them 426 children. This assessment is based on a wide variety of sources. The use of chemical weapons in Syria threatens to unravel the long-established international norm against the use of these weapons, for which there must be accountability and consequences."
Secretary of State Kerry's Statement on Syria, full text:
US Government's Assessment of the Syrian Government's Use of Chemical Weapons on August 21, 2013
Map of Areas Reportedly Affected by 21 August Chemical Attack
Remarks by President Obama and the Presidents of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia
- » Putin and Erdogan Discussed the Situation in Syria over the Phone
- » Russia Introduced the World's First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
- » Google Suspends 210 Youtube Channels "Uploading Videos Related to the Ongoing Protests in Hong Kong"
- » France with Stricter Regulation of Electric Scooters
- » Kosovo in Political Crisis - Early Elections to Be Announced after Lawmakers Dissolve Parliament
- » Iran: We Have Our Own New Missile Defense Production