John Kerry: Negotiation, Not War Is Solution for Syria
The US will seek a "tailored" military response to alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria, stated Secretary of State John Kerry Friday.
However, Kerry did not give further details regarding the size and timing of the intervention.
He also stressed that the US believes that the only working solution to the situation can come through negotiations.
The special Friday press event was expected to reveal America's plans for intervention, after the British Parliament voted against taking part in a military operation against Syria.
In his speech, the US Secretary of State was resolute that US intelligence sources have established beyond doubt that the forces of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad had used chemical weapons on August 21.
He stated that although the US is "tired" of war, it does not have the moral right to leave the use of weapons of mass destruction unanswered.
Kerry said that how the US is going to act will heavily affect America's interests, as well as the interests of its allies and other countries in the Middle East.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff