NATO Doesn't Plan Syria Intervention - Rasmussen
NATO is not planning a military intervention in Syria under the auspices of the Alliance, stated Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
"The international community must give an answer to events in Syria. But I see a no NATO role in an international reaction against the regime in Syria," stated Rasmussen, as quoted by Danish newspaper Politiken.
Nevertheless, the NATO Secretary General said he has no doubts that the regime is the party that perpetrated last week's attack with chemical weapons.
He added that this action, which he described as a "a terrifying and horrible act", should not go unanswered.
"Chemical attacks are a clear violation of international standards - a crime that can't be ignored. It demands an international response, so it doesn't happen again," Rasmussen said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Putin’s War and Beyond
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Boris Johnson is Fighting for his Political Survival
- » Dutch PM: If North Macedonia does not accept the French Proposal, Albania is Moving Forward Alone