Iran Threatens to 'Leave Israel In Flames' if Syria Attacked
Iran's army chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi has claimed that any military action against Syria will have consequences beyond the region and "leave Israel in flames."
"Any military action against Syria will drive the Zionists to the edge of fire," Firouzabadi said in a statement carried by the official IRNA news agency.
"The US, Britain and their other allies will face losses by marching their armies into the region and Syria," he said.
Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said an attack on Syria "will mean the imminent destruction of Israel."
"Syria will turn into a more dangerous and deadly battlefield than the Vietnam War, and in fact, Syria will become the second Vietnam for the United States," Jafari said, as cited by international media.
Iran has blamed the Syrian rebels for last week's deadly chemical attack in Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests