Iran Threatens to 'Leave Israel In Flames' if Syria Attacked
Iran's army chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi has claimed that any military action against Syria will have consequences beyond the region and "leave Israel in flames."
"Any military action against Syria will drive the Zionists to the edge of fire," Firouzabadi said in a statement carried by the official IRNA news agency.
"The US, Britain and their other allies will face losses by marching their armies into the region and Syria," he said.
Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said an attack on Syria "will mean the imminent destruction of Israel."
"Syria will turn into a more dangerous and deadly battlefield than the Vietnam War, and in fact, Syria will become the second Vietnam for the United States," Jafari said, as cited by international media.
Iran has blamed the Syrian rebels for last week's deadly chemical attack in Syria.
- » Boris Johnson: I Will Work with Energy and Determination to Reach an Agreement on Brexit
- » 700,000 Are the Illegal Immigrants in Libya
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » France Evacuates 900 Migrants from a Camp near the English Channel
- » The UK Supreme Court Is Debating whether Boris Johnson's Decision to Suspend Parliament's Work Is Legitimate
- » Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani Discussed the Future of Syria