Iran Threatens to 'Leave Israel In Flames' if Syria Attacked
Iran's army chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi has claimed that any military action against Syria will have consequences beyond the region and "leave Israel in flames."
"Any military action against Syria will drive the Zionists to the edge of fire," Firouzabadi said in a statement carried by the official IRNA news agency.
"The US, Britain and their other allies will face losses by marching their armies into the region and Syria," he said.
Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said an attack on Syria "will mean the imminent destruction of Israel."
"Syria will turn into a more dangerous and deadly battlefield than the Vietnam War, and in fact, Syria will become the second Vietnam for the United States," Jafari said, as cited by international media.
Iran has blamed the Syrian rebels for last week's deadly chemical attack in Syria.
- » British Prime Minister Boris Johnson: I’m Appalled by this Tragic Incident in Essex
- » Zimbabwe Declares a New Official Holiday for the Country to Protest against US Sanctions
- » The Controversial Extradition Bill Was Withdrawn by the Hong Kong Parliament
- » 47 U.S. Attorneys General Launch a Joint Antitrust Investigation against Facebook
- » Kurdish Fighters Withdraw from Security Zone in Northern Syria
- » Donald Tusk Recommends the EU27 Accept the UK Request for an Extension