Iran Threatens to 'Leave Israel In Flames' if Syria Attacked
Iran's army chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi has claimed that any military action against Syria will have consequences beyond the region and "leave Israel in flames."
"Any military action against Syria will drive the Zionists to the edge of fire," Firouzabadi said in a statement carried by the official IRNA news agency.
"The US, Britain and their other allies will face losses by marching their armies into the region and Syria," he said.
Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said an attack on Syria "will mean the imminent destruction of Israel."
"Syria will turn into a more dangerous and deadly battlefield than the Vietnam War, and in fact, Syria will become the second Vietnam for the United States," Jafari said, as cited by international media.
Iran has blamed the Syrian rebels for last week's deadly chemical attack in Syria.
- » Turkey Is Arming Ukraine with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- » Credit Suisse Survey: Chinese Rich People Outnumber Americans for the First Time in History
- » The European Commission Has Released a Monitoring Report on Bulgaria
- » Juncker and Tusk: Delaying Talks with Skopje and Tirana Was a Huge Mistake
- » Putin and Macron Discussed the Situation in Northeast Syria and Ukraine in a Telephone Conversation
- » Netanyahu Returned the Term after He Failed to Create a New Cabinet