Russia to Send Navy Ships in Mediterranean - Report
Russia will send an anti-submarine vessel and a missile cruiser to the east Mediterranean in the aftermath of reports the West is getting ready for a military strike against Syria.
The Russian news agency Interfax, cited by the Bulgarian BGNES, writes Thursday that Russia wishes to strengthen its naval presence in that region because of the "well-known situation" there, referring to the Syria crisis.
"The two ships would be sent in the coming days because the well-known situation required us to make some adjustments in the naval force," a source in the armed forces' general staff has told Interfax.
According to the source, the anti-submarine vessel will be sent first, to be followed by the missile cruiser.
However, there is no official information from the Russian Federation's Defense Ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Biden signs major Climate Change and Health Care Law
- » Amid Global Tension, the US Tests Nuclear-Capable Missile
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"
- » Assange's Lawyers are Suing the CIA
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP