Sofia Mayor Pledges Full Overhaul of NDK Park
The Sofia City Hall is conducting public tenders for the full overhaul and refurbishment of the park of Sofia's National Palace of Culture, NDK.
The information was reported Sunday by the Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, speaking before Darik radio.
She explained the project has been approved for financing under the EU Operational Program Regional Development and will be co-financed by the City Hall.
The repair works will include all fountains, pavement, lighting, pedestrian areas and adjacent sidewalks, along with additional landscaping and the construction of a special irrigation system.
Fandakova said works will start immediately after the selection of the contractor if weather conditions allow it.
She further noted that the final decision about the future of the Monument 1300 Years of Bulgaria in the park will be made after the winning bid is announced.
It was reported last August that parts of the Monument were going to be dismantled as it is crumbling, making it unsafe for passerby.
NDK was erected during the Socialist regime and is in dire need of repairs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February