Bulgaria's Strandzha Park to Implement BGN 8 M Infrastructure Upgrade Project
The infrastructure of National Park Strandzha will absorb investments of BGN 7.8 M under a project financed under the "Environment" Operational Program.
The project aims to achieve a sustainable management of the protected area, according to a media statement of National Park Strandzha, as cited by investor.bg.
The three-year project is to enhance the development of the biggest protected territory in Bulgaria through measures for preserving and restoring rare habitats and species.
The project envisages an upgrade of visitor facilities and the preparation of educational programs on natural and cultural heritage.
The project is to result in environmental improvement and restoration, upgraded visitor infrastructure and an increased number of tourists, thereby creating jobs in depopulated rural areas.
A number of activities have already been launched and completed on the territory of the approved tourist sections.
A total of 18 of the most important and most interesting hiking trails created over the past 15 years have been partially and fully re-marked, such as the "Patyat na Yasnia Mesets" (The path of the clear moon) eco path, the "Kladara" eco path and the eco path leading to the "Indipascha" healing spring.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm this Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny in the Morning, in the Afternoon - some Rainfall
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cooling of Temperatures and Rainfall over the Weekend