Explosion Strikes Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Sofia
An explosion shook the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia shortly after 7pm on Sunday.
The accident left a number of people injured, with no reported deaths so far, according to private TV station Nova Tv.
Darik radio reports about nine injured.
There are 6 ambulances, six police and two firefighting trucks on the site and the area has been sealed off.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
According to Nova TV, the accident may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building facade.
Footage of Nova TV shows a fallen scaffold and several smashed cars.
- » Elton John Calls Michael Jackson "Mentally Ill" and a "Disturbing Person to Be Around"
- » NSI: Average Annual Inflation Rate at 2,3% for September 2018 to September 2019
- » BGN 86 Thousand Allocated for Archaeological Survey along the Europe Highway
- » 60% of Women in Europe Are Victims of Sexism at Work
- » BGN 950 Wage - Still Unattainable for Bulgarian Nurses
- » Eating Healthy Reduces Anxiety and Improves People's Mood