Morsi Arrest Extended amid Bloody Egypt Crackdown
The arrest of deposed Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has been extended by 30 days Thursday, after overnight violence in Egypt claimed the lives of hundreds.
Authorities have also decided to extend the arrest of Islamist Freedom and Justice Party leader and former speaker of parliament Saad El-Katatni.
Both extensions are made in connection with an investigation of Morsi and El-Katatni's possible involvement in a conspiracy with Hamas.
Egypt has been flooded by massive street protests and bloody clashes between supporters of Morsi, on the one side, and opposers and law enforcement agencies, on the other.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress
- » New Zealand Shaken by Powerful Earthquake - Tsunami Alert Stated