Bulgarian Cabinet Plans New Defense Act
The Bulgarian cabinet is start to draft a new Law on Defense and Armed Forces, announced Deputy Minister of Defense Ivan Ivanov.
Sunday Ivanov was present at the Vaptsarov Naval Academy in Varna to take part in the ongoing celebrations of the 134th anniversary of the Bulgarian Navy.
According to the vice-minister, the new act will be coorinated with a new Strategic Review of Security and Defense, which is also currently under development.
He added that during the budget procedure for the upcoming hear, his ministry will request that its budget for 2014 be set at 1.5% of GDP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » The Bulgarian Parliament ratified the Contract for the Acquisition of 8 more F-16 Fighter Jets
- » President Radev: Bulgaria actively participates in all NATO exercises in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister on Military Aid to Ukraine: We cannot provide the S-300
- » Suspects of the Attack in Istanbul have been arrested in Bulgaria (UPDATED)