Customs in Bulgaria Nab 13 Illegal Distilling Cauldrons
Customs officers in Bulgarian city of Ruse have discovered a total of 13 illegal distilling cauldrons operating in Bulgaria's north east over the passing week.
The cauldrons were installed in various settlements, including small villages in the Ruse region, as well as in the neighboring Silistra and Razgrad regions.
The two most drastic cases were found in Silistra villages of Yarebitsa, where a facility with 3 cauldrons of total capacity of 650 liters were discovered, and Paisievo, where 2 cauldrons of total volume 220 l worked.
Tickets have been issued to the people operating the distilleries.
August is the time when apricot rakia is usually distilled in Bulgaria, and sees a peak in illegal distillery operations in north-eastern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo