Bulgaria's Northeastern Dobrich Region Reports Good Wheat Harvest
This year's wheat harvest in Bulgaria's northeastern Dobrich region, the biggest grain producer in the country, has topped 578 814 tonnes, according to reports of the local agricultural service.
In 2012, Bulgaria's total wheat harvest came in at 515 740 tonnes.
The harvesting campaign in the Dobrich region is over, with an average yield of 489 kg per decare, according to the agricultural service, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
The richest harvest has been recorded on the territory of Balchik, with an average yield of 530 kg per decare, and the Dobrich municipality, with an average yield of 526 kg per decare.
In comparison, farmers in the Dobrich region reported an average yield of 464 kg per decare in 2012.
More than 400 harvesters were deployed during the campaign in June and July.
The wheat was harvested from a total of 1 183 640 decares of land.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Trains Collide in western Czechia, Dozens Are Injured
- » Wwestern Balkans Make Progress towards Visa Libralisation
- » Athens Braces up for Inferno as Fire Creeps Near Greek Capital
- » ITN Achieve Understanding on Number of Cabinet Members in Talks with Democratic Bulgaria and Rise Up BG
- » Bulgarian Factories Prepare to Shut Down as Electricity Prices Hit Record Peak
- » First EU Anti-Covid Vaccination Robot Arrives in Bulgaria