Bulgarian Supreme Court Stops Construction of Radioactive Waste Depot
Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Court (VAS) has stopped the construction of a national radioactive waste depot.
The complaint was filed by a natural person, Petar Penchev, member of the Public Council of the Association for Free Speech "Anna Politkovskaya."
In a Monday ruling, VAS revoked a decision of the Environment Minister from October 10, 2011 on the environmental impact assessment (EIA) of the project.
The EIA approves the implementation of the investment proposal for the construction of a national depot for burial of low and intermediate short-lived radioactive waste with the Sofia-based State Enterprise Radioactive Waste (SERAW) as contracting authority.
Under the ruling of VAS, the case returns to the Environment Minister for revision.
The decision can be appealed within 14 days before a five-judge panel of VAS, according to the media statement of the court.
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
"Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Court (VAS) has stopped the construction of a national radioactive waste depot.
The complaint was filed by a natural person, Petar Penchev, member of the Public Council of the Association for Free Speech "Anna Politkovska".............................
Wake up NOVINITE: Just WHERE EXACTLY was the national radioactive waste depot to be built? Or do we have to guess and google it? Whoever wrote this "news article" is a lazy and not very bright reporter for failing to inform us of where the construction was to take place. It is also hilarious to read that the complaint was filed by a "natural person": as opposed to what Novinite; an alien from Mars or Uranus perhaps?