1 Tonne Contraband Tobacco Nabbed in Bulgaria
Police in second-largest Bulgarian city Plovdiv have uncovered and seized a hoard of close to one tonne of contraband tobacco.
The tobacco was found stored in a large bag on premises of a 45-year-old male Plovdiv resident with a previous criminal record.
The man has been detained for 24 hours and investigations are under way.
In a separate incident in the nearby town of Hisarya, police retrieved smaller amounts ot smuggled tobacco and cigarettes.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany