Bulgaria to Fine TV Channels with Loud Commercials
Bulgaria's state regulator of electronic media announced that from September it will start fining TV channels that air loud commercials.
In February the Council for Electronic Media approved a standard mandating that commercials must have the same volume in sound as the other parts of the TV program.
However, many channels have been found not abiding by the new rule, said the agency chair Georgi Lozanov.
This might be partially due to longterm advertising contracts concluded prior to the regulation.
Fines will start to be levied in Septemer - BGN 3,000 for first offense and BGN 30,000 for second.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas