Sofia Courthouse Lion Painted as Clown
One of the two lions in front of the main courthouse in the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been painted overnight as a clown.
During evening 28th of the anti-government protests, an unknown artist has painted the bronze lion sculpture in the national colors and with a red clown nose. The sign at the bottom reads "20 Years of Circus."
The protests against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski, have been accompanied by rallies against corruption in the judiciary and the unfinished judicial reform.
In December 2012, the courthouse was attacked by a shower of tomatoes.
The building houses several Courts, including the Supreme Court of Cassations and the Supreme Prosecutor's Office of Cassations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Minister of Health: On December 15, Bulgaria will receive its First Medical Helicopter
- » The US on Bulgaria in 2022: Impunity and Corruption, Problems with Media Freedom
- » The US Declassifies Information on the Origin of Covid
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 200 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy Weather in Bulgaria on the First Day of Spring
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office Terminated the Investigation against the former Minister of Health