Bulgarian Students Grab 72 Cups in International Math Contest
Bulgaria has won 72 cups in the International Mathematics Competition 2013 for school students held in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian Education Ministry.
Ivan Ivanov, 12, student in the Mathematics High School in the capital Sofia has won a gold medal.
Bulgarian students have also grabbed 12 individual silver medals, 21 bronze ones, and 38 merit awards given for the fourth place.
A student from the Philippines and a student from Hong Kong have ranked 1st and second in the individual contest. 40 gold, 86 silver, 100 bronze medals and 83 merit awards have been bestowed in the individual competition.
In the team one, there were 24 gold cups, 48 silver and 72 bronze ones.
The International Mathematics Competition 2013 was held for the first time ever outside Asia. 1 080 students in two age groups took part in the contest.
Burgas Mayor, Dimitar Nikolov, awarded the winners in person.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fees are Increasing in most Bulgarian Universities
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe