Bulgaria Sends Fresh Troops to Afghanistan
A new detachment of Bulgarian soldiers is to be sent out Tuesday to be deployed in Afghanistan.
The 300-strong company is part of Stara Zagora 2nd motorized brigade and will be the 15th Bulgarian unit within NATO's ISAF mission to be deployed in Afghanistan.
Their task will be ensuring security in the internal zone of Kandahar Airport.
The soldiers are to be seen off at a ceremony in Stara Zagora Tuesday, in the presence of Bulgaria’s Minister of Defense Angel Naydenov, Chief of Defense Gen Simeon Simeonov, and other senior army staff.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending