Czech Prosecutors Want Ex-PM Necas Stripped of Immunity
Czech prosecutors have asked the lower house of Parliament to lift the immunity of former Prime Minister Petr Necas, as he may face criminal charges.
It is yet to be revealed what the intended charges are.
Necas's closest aide, Jana Nagyova, was accused of offering three parliamentary deputies posts in state companies in return for dropping a rebellion against him last year, international media remind.
Earlier in June, Necas formally stepped down in an effort to end political turmoil over a corruption inquiry.
The resignation follows a corruption and spying scandal that has dominated headlines in the country.
The scandal with a spectacular police raid on June 13, involving 400 officers, many of them masked, searching the government offices on the banks of the Vltava River as well as 30 other buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trio of UN Chief, Erdogan, Zelensky to visit Black Sea Port of Odesa
- » UK Inflation Hits 40-year High
- » Day 175 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Explosions in Crimea, Russia Admits it was Sabotage
- » Biden signs major Climate Change and Health Care Law
- » Amid Global Tension, the US Tests Nuclear-Capable Missile
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday