Pierce Brosnan's Daughter Dies of Ovarian Cancer
Irish actor Pierce Brosnan said on Tuesday that his 41-year-old daughter Charlotte had died after losing her battle with ovarian cancer.
Charlotte fought the disease for three years. Her mother and Brosnan's first wife, Australian actress Cassandra Harris, who died from the same type of cancer at the age of 43 in 1991.
Brosnan, 60, who was the fifth actor cast as the fictional British spy 007 in the James Bond movies, said his daughter died last Friday, leaving behind her husband and two children.
“On June 28 my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer," Brosnan said in a statement.
“She was surrounded by her husband Alex, children Isabella and Lucas and brothers Christopher and Sean.
“Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity. Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl.
“We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences.”
Brosnan adopted Charlotte and her brother Christopher in the 1980s after their father died and they took his surname. He went on to have another son, Sean, with Harris.
Brosnan married Keely Shaye Smith in 2001 and the couple has two children.
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis