Britain’s Prince Edward, Wife Sophie to Visit Sofia Maternity Hospital
Britain's Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, who arrived in Bulgaria over the weekend, are to visit the Saint Sofia maternity hospital on Monday.
They will pay special attention to its "Mother and Baby" room, where new mothers considering giving their baby for adoption, can reflect on the decision in a cozy atmosphere.
The room is created in partnership with the "For Our Children" Foundation. The Earl and Countess of Wessex will meet a mother that has been assisted by the Foundation.
A youth-focused party will be organized for them on the Vitosha Mountain near Sofia.
Prince Edward is also expected to declare his support for the efforts to establish the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in Bulgaria.
The Royal couple are in Bulgaria on the invitation of the country's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Their Royal Highnesses are interested in the progress made so far in the implementation of the strategy for de-institutionalization of orphanages in Bulgaria. The idea behind the program is to gradually close the orphanages and place the children and the teens in a family-like environment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 80% of Buildings in Sofia do not have Lightning Protection
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 883 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sofia: Displacements of the Yellow Cobblestones after the Repair
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1127 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » First Time in Bulgaria: A Subvariant of Omicron VA.2.75 has been Identified